skip navigation
MyAccount
Mobile Site
Full Site
Accessibility
Contact Us
A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z


Home
Pay for it Apply for it Report it Latest News What's On

You are here: Home / About The Council / Agenda and minutes

Quick Links

 Meetings, agendas and minutes

 Calendar

 Committees

 Election Results

 Decisions

 Notice of Key Decisions

 Library

 Meetings

 Outside bodies

 Search documents

 Subscribe to updates

 What's new

 Your Councillors

 Your County Councillors

 Your MEPs

 Your MPs

Agenda and minutes

Venue: Collingwood Room - Civic Offices. View directions

Contact: Democratic Services 

Items
No. Item

1.

Apologies for Absence

Minutes:

Apologies for absence were received from Councillor L Keeble and Councillor R H Price, JP.

2.

Minutes pdf icon PDF 154 KB

To confirm as a correct record the minutes of the meeting of the Committee held on 28 November 2017.

Minutes:

RESOLVED that the minutes of the meeting of the Licensing and Regulatory Affairs Committee held on 28 November 2017 be confirmed and signed as a true record.

3.

Chairman's Announcements

Minutes:

There were no Chairman’s announcements.

4.

Declarations of Interest

To receive any declarations of interest from members in accordance with Standing Orders and the Council’s Code of Conduct.

Minutes:

There were no declarations of interest made at this meeting.

5.

Deputations

To receive any deputations of which notice has been lodged.

Minutes:

There were no deputations made at this meeting.

6.

Actual Revenue Expenditure 2016/17 pdf icon PDF 142 KB

To receive a report by the Director of Finance and Resources on Actual Revenue Expenditure 2016/17.

Minutes:

The Committee considered a report by the Director of Finance and Resources which contained details of the actual revenue expenditure for 2016/17 in respect of the services for which the Committee is responsible.

 

RESOLVED that the Licensing and Regulatory Affairs Committee notes the content of the report.

7.

Spending Plans 2018/19 pdf icon PDF 166 KB

To receive a report by the Director of Finance and Resources on Spending Plans for 2018/19.

Minutes:

The Committee considered a report by the Director of Finance and Resources which sets out the overall level of revenue spending on the Committee’s services and seeks agreement for the revised revenue budget for 2017/18 and the base budget for 2018/19 before being recommended to Council for approval.

 

RESOLVED that the Licensing and Regulatory Affairs Committee:

 

(a)  agrees the revised budget for 2017/18;

 

(b)  agrees the base budgets for 2018/19; and

 

(c)  recommends the budgets to Council for approval.

 

8.

Fees and Charges 2018/19 pdf icon PDF 298 KB

To receive a report by the Director of Finance and Resources on Fees and Charges for 2018/19

Minutes:

The Committee considered a report by the Director of Finance and Resources which sets out the level of fees and charges for this Committee’s services and seeks agreement for them before being recommended to Council for approval.

 

Members discussed the alignment of fees and charges in the Boroughs of Fareham and Gosport, commenting that some fees are now the same and many more are much closer. Officers were thanked for the progress made so far with this ongoing issue.

 

RESOLVED that the Licensing and Regulatory Affairs Committee:-

 

(a)  agrees the fees and charges for 2018/19; and

 

(b)  recommends the fees and charges to Council for approval.

 

 

9.

Preliminary Review of Work Programme 2017/18 and Draft Work Programme 2018/19 pdf icon PDF 169 KB

To consider a report by the Head of Environmental Health which gives a preliminary review of the Panel’s work programme for 2017/18 and draft work programme for 2018/19.

Minutes:

The Committee considered a report by the Head of Environmental Health which provides a preliminary review of the Work Programme for 2017/18 and a draft Work Programme for 2018/19.

 

Members discussed the Taxis and Wheelchair Accessibility Report item that is unallocated on the 2017/18 Work Programme and agreed that it be included on the agenda for the June meeting of the draft 2018/19 Work Programme.

 

In discussing the draft 2018/19 Work Programme, Members agreed that the Police Update be moved to the November meeting in order that the Committee’s workload is more evenly distributed.

 

RESOLVED that the Licensing and Regulatory Affairs Committee:-

 

(a)  notes the progress on actions arising from the meeting of the Committee held on 28 November 2017, attached as Appendix A to the report;

 

(b)  agrees that, having reviewed the Work Programme for 2017/18 attached as Appendix B to the report, the unallocated item entitled ‘Taxis and Wheelchair Accessibility’ be carried forward to the June meeting of the draft Work Programme for 2018/19; and

 

(c)  agrees that, having reviewed the draft Work Programme 2018/19 attached as Appendix C to the report, the item entitled ‘Police Update’ be deferred to the meeting scheduled to take place on 27 November 2018.

 

 

 

 




Browse

Follow us

Facebook Twitter You Tube Flickr

View Fareham
Today online





Fareham Borough Council, Civic Offices, Civic Way, Hampshire, PO16 7AZ
Tel: +44 (0) 1329 236100 | Mobile Text/Photo: 07876 131415 | Fax: +44 (0) 1329 821770
Read page with Browse Aloud GOV.UK Get Safe Online
Fareham Borough Council: List of RSS Feeds